Monday, October 6, 2008

Long weekend...

Wow, what a long weekend...
My husband and I decided to put up a wood ceiling in our house. It started off with the vaulted ceiling in the living room in the spring. We decided we liked it so much we wanted to put it up in the dinning room and kitchen. So my whole weekend was spent with my arms over my head installing tongue and grove wood slats on the ceiling with a brad nailer... my arms are soooo sore this morning! But the ceiling looks really good. We still need to stain it, we set up a camera to do a time laps of the install, it took a picture every 3 minutes and strings it together in a movie. It looks cool, I will post it after we finish the time laps with the staining too.

Cody was suppose to have a boy scout camp this weekend, it got changed to next weekend. Ultimately because the den leader told us the wrong day. It was next weekend all along, he just wrote it down wrong. Oh well! Cody ended up going to grandma's house and staying the night there cuz he was all excited and wanting to go someplace! Mercedes went and stayed with a friend and went to a street dance. So Dave and I ended up with a weekend alone!! Whooo!!

Well theres my fun and exciting weekend... it was productive though!

2 comments:

Gina said...

WOW! What a project to tackle! Sounds like it will be beautiful!
Cant wait to see the time lapse video. Very cool!

The Coleman Chronicles said...

What a need idea!! I bet it looks great. Looking forward to seeing video of the project.

Mercedes

Mercedes
"Reflections"

Cody

Cody
"Inocents"